The Riverina area of NSW has many isolated families from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. This project is encouraging CALD families with children living in Griffith to be more confident and connected to the community.
- By investigating setting up a mothers group to link CALD families to child and family agencies;
- By developing a catalogue of resources for children and families in the key community languages in Griffith;
- By providing CALD parent resources for parents in places where families go, like the Griffith library;
- By working with other organisations to ensure that local children’s services have access to experienced bicultural workers to assist in the inclusion of CALD children; and
- By working towards ensuring CALD children in the area have a smooth transition to school.
Funded by Families NSW